How The Balanced Atlas In San Francisco, CA Can Help with Your Knee Pain
Knee pain affects everything you do. From the moment you wake in the morning until the time you go to bed at night, a painful knee affects your daily activities but it doesn’t have to be this way. The team at The Balance Atlas in San Francisco is here to help.
Besides the pain itself, there are other warning signs to indicate you have joint or knee problems that are problematic. Here are some of the more common conditions that patients report:
- Redness that is warm to the touch
- Stiffness or swelling
- Knees that give out, are unstable to weak
- Consistent popping or creaking when in movement
- Limited range of motion
- Unable to straighten the knee out fully
Pain may include shooting pains, a pounding or dull ache, burning sensations, “pins and needles,” and more.
Common Knee Pain Causes
Your knee pain may be caused by a lifetime of use, excessive use, or an injury. You will want to be examined to get a diagnosis, but here are some of the more common conditions:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune inflammatory disorder. It causes pain and swelling and can limit joint movements.
- Strains and sprains of the muscles around the knee may cause pain or swelling in the joints and exacerbate weakness in the knees.
- A common condition is tendinitis. The tendons are fibrous tissues that attach bones to muscles and can become inflamed or irritated.
- A locked knee can be painful and extremely limiting to your daily activities. You may not be able to bend your knee or straighten it out. This condition is also called “frozen knee.”
- Another form of arthritis, known as gout, is because be an excessive uric acid building when causes crystallization in joints and can be extremely painful.
There are also more serious injuries, including a knee dislocation, fracture or break, torn meniscus, ACL injuries, or bone tumors.
A Chiropractor Can Help Alleviate Knee Pain
If you have knee pain, you have probably tried heat or ice to manage pain and reduce swelling in the joint, but if the pain doesn't go away, a chiropractor can help. Gentle chiropractic manipulation can improve the alignment of your vertebrae and let your body heal.
Contact The Balanced Atlas In San Francisco, CA For Your Knee Pain!
If you are struggling with knee pain, get in touch with the professionals at The Balance Atlas in San Francisco for an appointment at (415) 242-1472. We will conduct a thorough examination and recommend a customized course of treatment that will help alleviate your pain and put you on the path to recovery!