Auto Accident Injury Rehabilitation
Car Accident Injury Rehabilitation with our NUCCA Chiropractor in San Francisco
Auto accidents are one of the leading causes of injury. The severity of trauma will vary from case to case: some people walk away with minor bruises or sores, while other people are faced with excruciating pain or debilitating injury.
Common Types of Auto Accident Injury:
- Back injury is one of the most common traumas that car accident victims experience. A spinal cord injury can be especially severe, potentially leading to paralysis. Because the nervous system is connected to the spine, the body's ability to interpret sensation may be damaged from a spinal cord injury. Alongside back pain, someone may also feel numbness, tingling, and muscle weakness.
- Neck pain, usually related to cervical spine damage. Neck pain is often associated with the whiplash injury. Whiplash is maybe the most well-known of auto accident injuries; this injury occurs when the body is violently jolted backward and forward, leading to neck stress.
- Bruising, scrapes, and cuts. Physical penetration can cause a tear in the skin, leading to bleeding and bruising. While bruises and cuts tend to be minor, they may lead to infection or worse.
- Brain injury. Like back injuries, damage to the head could be devastating. Brain trauma ranges from mild concussions to comas and cognitive dysfunction. Skull fractures, hearing problems and vision loss could also result from a head injury.
- Chest injury. Just like any other body part, the chest is susceptible to high impact force during a collision. A chest injury may result in broken ribs or internal trauma.
Believe it or not, pain or injury could emerge sometime after an accident has occurred. Delayed trauma isn't unusual; certain kinds of trauma are difficult to notice during the immediate aftermath of an accident. Pain or injury can show up days or even weeks after the accident. Here are some common delayed symptoms to look out for:
- Neck pain.
- Shoulder pain.
- Back pain.
- Numbness and tingling.
- Abdominal swelling, a symptom of internal bleeding.
- PTSD. Sleep disturbance, nightmares, and flashbacks might indicate post-traumatic stress disorder.
Contact Our San Francisco Chiropractor, Dr. Harrison, Today
If you have recently experienced an auto collision, be sure to pay a visit to the doctor in order to ensure your immediate health and safety. Even a seemingly small health problem could turn out to be something more serious. At The Balanced Atlas San Francisco, our upper cervical care chiropractor focuses on injury rehabilitation, including whiplash and auto accident injury. We specialize in NUCCA, a chiropractic approach that emphasizes in gentle, careful correction of the upper cervical spine. NUCCA care is preferential for treating injuries impacting the neck and spine.
To learn more about our rehabilitation treatment program, please call our San Francisco upper cervical chiropractor at (415) 242-1472.